Why is search important and what are SEO Services? Search Engine Optimization, or SEO, is the process of optimizing your Web site to drive relevant traffic to your site, organically. Why bother? Because 98% of buyers search online first! 75% of clicks occur on the organic (or natural) results (as opposed to the 25% on paid ads). If you aren’t on page 1 of Google, you won’t be found. We can help get you there.
SEO Strategic Goals
When we work with you to optimize your site, we strive to achieve these six fundamental search marketing goals:
- Improve search engine visibility and increase relevant traffic to your Web site
- Improve local search engine visibility and local keyword traffic
- Increase the number of new customers and leads (newsletter signups, requests for quotes, requests for more information, whitepaper downloads, etc.)
- Enhance social or digital footprint
- Sharpen your site’s message and usability
- Increase conversion
Be Relevant and Authoritative: The OpenMoves SEO Process
To appear on page 1 of Google search results for any specific search term, Google must see your site as among the 10 pages most relevant to the topic and most authoritative as well.
- To establish relevance your site copy must be focused clearly and specifically on the specific search terms used.
- To establish authority other relevant sites must link to yours.
To that end, we implement a search marketing and SEO strategy that includes:
- On Page optimization – Make it easier for search engines to find, understand, and index your site and once there, to find quality, relevant content.
- Off Page optimization – Build authority by increasing the number of quality and relevant sites that link back to yours.
SEO Technical Audit
We will conduct a thorough search engine optimization review. We will analyze your site, and identify areas which could be improved. We will make recommendations for changes to content, code and any other issues that may affect the site’s performance, conversion, search rankings, and traffic.
Keyword Analysis and Discovery
Based on our research and your experience, we will usually generate a manageable list (from 5-25 or more) fundamental keyword phrases (of 2 and 3 words each), around which we will optimize your content. Depending on your business model and market, we may recommend a focus on local SEO.
Based on your experience and on search results for the selected keywords, we will identify 2 or 3 key competitors (in search engine rankings) and analyze their optimization factors and identify opportunities.
Web Analytics Tools
We will review your current analytics tools and setup and configure for tracking and analysis as needed. The goal is to define a set of actionable reports which we will use to benchmark and track all traffic to your site, and to determine future SEO optimizations.
We begin with a concerted effort to enhance and improve all the low-hanging fruit of SEO, as needed. We implement SEO best practices and ensure they are followed going forward, as the site evolves and new content or functionality is added.
Local SEO Optimization
When implementing a local SEO strategy, we will do a full analysis of your current local keywords and local presence on Google Maps (help you to claim your Google Places listing), and other local sites and optimize accordingly.
Blog and Social Media Marketing (SMM)
We generally recommend establishment of a blog and a basic social presence. We can work with you to build an appropriate editorial content calendar and to ensure the strategic use of keyword phrases, and engagement with your key audiences.
Analytics and Monthly SEO Reporting
We will create a set of standard reports based on the goals stated above. We will provide reports monthly by email, and regular phone calls. You will have unlimited email and phone access to our SEO consultant throughout each month.
SEO Success Factors
- Keywords and Content: Choose your keywords and keyword phrases carefully and correctly. Be sure these terms are relevant to your potential customers using the search engines. Use these terms effectively throughout the site.
- Code: Facilitate search engine access to your site, to its copy and keywords. Use high quality HTML to help the search engines navigate and understand the site as a whole.
- Inbound links (backlinks): Get links from other sites! Increase visibility and authority with inbound links. Link popularity is probably the most important factor in ranking a website. However, there are good links and bad links. Knowing the difference between them is important. A blog could be key to this strategy, as well as growing a meaningful social footprint across multiple social channels, including YouTube (the second largest search engine), Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter.