We ask that you read this privacy notice carefully as it contains important information on who we are, how and why we collect, store, use and share personal information, your rights in relation to your personal information and on how to contact us and supervisory authorities in the event you have a complaint.
Importantly, (i) where we use the term “client” we are referring to the entity in contract with us to use the OpenMoves services; (ii) where we use the term “you” we are referring to visitors to our website or clients using the OpenMoves services; (iii) where we use the term “end-user” we are referring to a person contacted through your use of the our services, someone that you may contact in the future using the OpenMoves services, or any individual whose information you provide to us in your use of the OpenMoves service.
The personal information we collect and use
Information you provide voluntarily
Information we automatically collect
When you browse one of our websites, use the OpenMoves platform or interact with an email that we send to you, we may collect information about your web browsing and use of the site or platform. This may include details of your operating system, location, IP address, browser ID, browsing activity, and other information about how you interacted with OpenMoves services. We may collect this information as a part of log files as well as using cookies or other tracking technologies. We use this information to help improve the website or monitor the performance of our campaigns.
Information through the OpenMovesOM3 platform
We also obtain personal information from your use of the OpenMoves platform. When you upload end-user data in the OpenMoves platform, we may have access to the data and content of your messages. We receive information about how you use the OpenMoves platform and store it in log files or other types of files associated to your account and link it to other information we hold about you. This information might include the date of any activity, your browser and IP address as well as actions you have taken within the OpenMoves platform. This information helps us to improve the OpenMoves platform for you for all users of the platform.
Information from elsewhere
OpenMoves may obtain information about you or end-users from third parties, such as public databases, social media platforms, third party data providers and our marketing partners. Examples of the information we may receive from other sources include device information (e.g. IP address and browser), location, behavioral data and demographic information. We may use this information, alone or in combination with other information described above, to develop or provide more relevant platform features or services (e.g. social media data of end-users allowing you to send more relevant content) or provide more relevant marketing and content to you.
Public information & third-party sites
OpenMoves websites include social media features (either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our website), which may collect information about your IP address and which page you are visiting. The feature may set a cookie to make sure the feature functions properly. We also maintain presences on social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Your interactions with these platforms are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them. Anything you submit to OpenMoves via a social media platform is done so at your own risk without any expectation of privacy.
Further, any comments or information you supply on any blog that OpenMoves operates can be read, used or collected by anyone. If your information appears in our blog pages and you want it removed, contact us.
How we use your personal information
We use and disclose personal information to:
- Supply, improve and support the services we provide (this includes using the data you provide to use the OpenMoves platform to contact end-users, aggregating information from your use of the platform or our website and sharing this with third parties to improve the services that we provide);
- Confirm your identity in using the OpenMoves platform;
- Send you information and promotional content (you can amend your marketing preferences in our preference center or stop receiving messages by unsubscribing);
- Promote our services to you (e.g. when we collect your personal information on our website, we may contact you further to invite you to use our platform);
- Perform the obligations of our contract with you or applicable law (e.g. to enforce our terms, communicate with you and provide support);
- Protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized or illegal activity;
- Fulfil requests that you may make;
- Bill you (e.g. to send you invoices, process payment, notices). Note that we use third parties for secure credit card transaction processing, and we send billing information to those third parties to process your orders and credit card payments.
- Send notifications about the platform or our services;
- Bring or defend legal proceedings, meet legal requirements (e.g. complying with court orders, enforcement actions, or other legally valid mechanisms) or respond to lawful requests by public authorities or law enforcement requests; and
- Provide information to our professional advisors.
When using the OpenMoves platform, you may import end-user or other personal information you have collected into our system. We have no direct relationship with your end-users or any person other than you, and for that reason, you are responsible for making sure you have the appropriate permission for OpenMoves to collect and process information about those individuals.
Further to the uses described above, we may transfer personal information of you or your end-users to companies that help us promote, provide, or support our platform or other services that we provide. We may partner with and use various third-party software and services, including analytics services, to help understand your usage of our products and services. In particular, we provide a limited amount of your information (such as your email address and sign-up date) to select third party services to collect data for analytics purposes when you visit our website or use our products and services. This allows OpenMoves to monitor your use of our website, products and services and tracks our relationship so that we can improve our service to you. We may also use these third-party services for communications, either through email, or through messages within our products and services. As part of our service agreements, these third-party services may collect publicly available contact and social information related to you, such as your name, email address, gender, company, job title, photos, website URLs, social network handles and physical addresses, to enhance your user experience.
How long your personal information will be kept
In providing services to you, we will hold personal information for as long as are providing you the services for or in order to comply with our legal obligations, enforce the terms of our contracts, resolve disputes or prevent abuse. Otherwise, we only hold personal information for as long as is necessary.
Reasons we can collect and use your personal information
In relation to clients, the lawful basis for which we rely on to collect and process your data is typically performance of our contractual obligations.
If you are not an OpenMoves client, we rely on legitimate interest as the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal data in relation to contacting you further in certain situations. Our legitimate interests are usually to provide individuals representing a business with details of our products or services through B2B direct marketing. If you are an individual, the basis on which we collect and use your personal data to contact you is often consent.
If you are in a country that is under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have several important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
- access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- email, call or write to us
- let us have enough information to identify you,
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving license or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
- let us know the information to which your request relates, including any account or reference numbers, if you have them
If you would like to unsubscribe from any email newsletter you can also click on the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of the email. It may take up to 24 hours for this to take place.
Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorized manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
This site is owned and operated by OpenMoves, Inc. If you have any questions or suggestions with respect to this policy, or if you wish to ask us to delete, correct, or show you your information as provided above, you can write to us at OpenMoves, 315 Main street (2nd floor), Huntington, New York 11743, or you can simply click on Contact Us to send us an email.